Get acquainted with WELL REPAIR technology
The QRS (Oblique-Repair-Shell) offers an innovative solution for the repair of wells. The QRS is a combination of a simple, self-activated and self-repairing system, based on advanced compound technology.
The QRS systems are suitable for Water wells, Energy (Cold-Heat) Storage wells and Chemical Disposal wells up to 500m deep.
Common problems/applications which can be foreseen;
- Damaged or torn well filters and risers.
- External well leaks that cause pollution problems (redox).
- Damaged and unreliable wells that malfunctions due to sand deliveries.
- Preventive use by targeted critical pressure tests and service/maintenance activities.
- Protecting or sealing (critical) connections (glued and screwed).
How does this work? What is the background?
The QRS is able to repair wells permanent by its simple, durable and controlled characteristics. This tool is applicable to tube transitions and filter cracks in wells and will seal the damage or leakage. With the QRS it is possible to repair various well types through an accurate composed recipe.
This recipe offers a swelling and sealing elastomer that is constructed on an inner core of Stainless Steel. The specific applied elastomeric compounds are chemical engineered for bonding and activation requirements at low-temperature applications (7ºC — 24ºC). This is done by many decades of experience with comparable compound technologies for high pressure and high-temperature applications within oil and gas wells.
Why has this been developed?
- The current range of comparable well repair systems are mechanical complex, expensive and offer a limited application.
- Most current damages/leaks are not repaired with qualified solutions. Ruma Products is ISO certified (see publication downloads below).
- Many wells have become unusable for the intended purpose in case of leaks and or damages.
- Available existing (mechanical) repair systems offer restrictions on capacity, internal diameters and are unreliable.
- Many wells have to sacrifice efficiency or become unusable when leaking events occur and pollution starts.
- Within densely built environments the replacement or services of Energy Storage Wells are costly and not always possible.
As soon as the QRS comes into contact with the fluid (water) it will swell, which will result in a swelling seal on the intended position. Of course, you have enough time to install the QRS system, the average required safe installation time (depending on the bridge or forming a bridge to bridge out connection) is approximately between 4 – 8 hours. The sealing time is up to 3 days. The standard QRS is suitable for applications in Sweet, Brackish and Saltwater varying in quality from 150 mg CL-/l to 20000 mg CL-/l and a temperature of 7ºC — 24ºC to a depth of 500m. The standard QRS is available for the most common well diameters 6,5” to 24” and is offered
in a standard of 3 lengths of 1, 2, 3 meters. The QRS has a long lifespan and provides a suitable solution. Non-standard compositions and dimensions are available on request. For further details about the standard dimensions, please refer to our price overview
You receive a specified, lab tested and certified QRS. The QRS is easy to install and is supported with instructions. The application and working are guaranteed (within the above-indicated compositions)! Once the QRS is placed at the intended position, the system gives a carefree solution for the presented damages and leakages. The QRS is protected with an UV-resistant film and is delivered in a wooden crate. See the contact details below for (price) requests and information.
Contact and Purchase?
Distributor (since 2019); Europe, United-Kingdom and Asia:
Distributor (since 2021); Middle-East and Africa:
- QRS Blue Publicatie_NL
- QRS Blue Publication _ENG
- QRS pilot and results_ENG
- H2O publicatie maart 2018
- QRS Blue Middle East 2022_ENG
We feel at home in a business that values quality, which is essential for monitoring our LabelBlue Products & Programs. These products have distinctive characteristics and strike an appropriate balance between efficiency, conceptual thinking, new necessities and/or better alternatives.
Inspired? Check out for more, We’d like to hear from you!