The QRS (Oblique-Repair-Shell) offers an innovative solution for the repair of wells. The QRS is a combination of a simple, self-activated and self-repairing system, based on advanced compound technology.
The QRS systems are suitable for Water wells, Energy (Cold-Heat) Storage wells and Chemical Disposal wells up to 500m deep.
Common problems/applications which can be foreseen;
- Damaged or torn well filters and risers.
- External well leaks that cause pollution problems (redox).
- Damaged and unreliable wells that malfunctions due to sand deliveries.
- Preventive use by targeted critical pressure tests and service activities.
- Protecting or sealing (critical) connections (glued and screwed).
The QRS is able to repair wells permanent by it’s simple, durable and controlled characteristics. This tool is applicable to tube transitions and filter cracks in wells and will seal the damage or leakage. With the QRS it is possible to repair various wells types through an accurate composed recipe.
This recipe offers a swelling and sealing elastomer that is constructed on an inner core of Stainless Steel. The specific applied elastomeric compound is chemical engineered for bonding and activation requirements at low-temperature applications (7ºC — 24ºC).
This is done by many decades of experience with comparable compound technologies for high pressure and temperature applications in wells.
- The current range of comparable well repair systems are mechanical complex, expensive and offers a limited application.
- Most current damages/leaks are not repaired with qualified solutions. The QRS has Lloyd’s certificates (see footnote below).
- Many wells have become unusable for intended purpose in case of leaks and or damages.
- Available existing (mechanical) repair systems offer restrictions on capacity, internal diameters and are unreliable.
- Many wells have to sacrifice efficiency or become unusable when leaking events occur and pollution starts.
- Within densely built-up environments the replacement or services of Energy Storage wells is costly and not always possible.
As soon as the QRS comes into contact with the fluid (water) it will swell, which will result in a swelling seal on the intended position. Of course, you have enough time to install the QRS system, the average required swelling time (depending on the bridge or forming a bridge to bridge out connection) is 1 to 4 days. The standard QRS is suitable for applications in Sweet, Brackish and Saltwater varying in quality from 150 mg CL-/l tot 20000 mg CL-/l and a temperature of 7ºC — 24ºC to a depth of 500m.
The standard QRS is available for the most common well diameters 6,5” to 24” and is offered in a standard of 3 lengths of 1, 2, 3 meters. The QRS has a long lifespan and offers a suitable solution. Non-standard compositions and dimensions are available on request. For further details about the standard dimensions, please refer to our price overview.
You receive a specified, lab tested and certified QRS. The QRS is easy to install and is supported with a work instruction. The operation and working are guaranteed (within the above-indicated compositions)! Once the QRS is placed at the intended position, the system gives a carefree solution for the presented damages and leakages. The QRS is protected with an UV-resistant film and is delivered in a wooden crate. Please, contact Boode B.V. for further details, delivery times and price overviews.
- QRS Blue Publicatie 2017_NL
- QRS Blue Publication 2018_ENG
- QRS pilot and results_ENG
- H2O publicatie maart 2018
We feel at home in a business that values quality, which is essential for monitoring our LabelBlue products. These products have distinctive characteristics and strike an appropriate balance between efficiency, conceptual thinking, new necessities and/or better alternatives.
Inspired? Check out for more, We’d like to hear from you!